J6 Fugitive Gregory Yetman Ends Three-Day Manhunt, Surrenders to Police


In a recent development, Gregory Yetman, a fugitive associated with the January 6th incident, has surrendered to the Monroe Township police. This surrender came after an intense three-day manhunt involving hound dogs, marking an end to a search that had gripped the local community.

Yetman, a retired Army Sergeant, was the subject of a major FBI operation. The residents of Helmetta, New Jersey were advised to keep their doors locked as the authorities searched for him. His surrender on Friday morning came nearly three years after the January 6 protest, bringing relief to the local community.

The charges against Yetman are serious and numerous. He stands accused of picking up a large canister of pepper spray from the ground and spraying it towards Capitol police and protesters. This act, which is often seen at local Antifa riots, led to the FBI launching a significant manhunt for Yetman.

Yetman, aged 47, faces several offenses, some of which are felonies. These stem from the January 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol. The charges include assaulting officers, obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder, entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds, engaging in physical violence in a restricted building or grounds, and act of physical violence in the Capitol grounds or buildings.

The surrender took place without any incident, according to the FBI. Yetman turned himself into the Monroe Township police on Friday morning. This peaceful surrender is a testament to the professionalism of our law enforcement agencies and their commitment to ensuring public safety.

Yetman is expected to make his initial court appearance in Newark, New Jersey, on Monday. This will mark the beginning of the legal process, where he will have the opportunity to defend himself against the charges. It is crucial to remember that in our justice system, every individual is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

The local media has been closely following this case, with reports of a video showing the FBI raiding Yetman’s home. This coverage underscores the importance of this case and the public interest in ensuring that justice is served.

This incident serves as a reminder of the challenges our law enforcement agencies face in maintaining law and order. It also highlights the need for citizens to cooperate with authorities during such operations to ensure their own safety and the successful apprehension of suspects.

In conclusion, the surrender of Gregory Yetman marks the end of a tense manhunt. As we await the legal proceedings, it is important to acknowledge the tireless efforts of our law enforcement agencies in ensuring public safety. Their dedication and commitment are commendable and deserve our utmost respect and gratitude.